Afghan Evaluation Society (AfES) is a non-profit and Afghan-led organization registered with the Afghan Ministry of Economy as an NGO under registration number 3691; that aims to strengthen evaluations for Sustainable Development in Afghanistan. AfES intends to work with the government, civil society and development agencies to strengthen evaluations and promote the Sustainable Development agenda in Afghanistan. Evaluation is being increasingly important due to the fact that it needs to support the new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that have been endorsed by UN on 26th September 2015, and moving forward the global evaluation agenda (EvalAgenda2020) launched on 25th of November in Global Evaluation week conference in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Strengthened Evaluations for Sustainable Development in Afghanistan
- To establish a leading platform for evaluation through capacity building, advocacy and networking, in order to support evidence-based decision making for sustainable development in Afghanistan.
- To establish a diverse network of evaluators, parliamentarians and civil society organizations,
- To build human and institutional capacities in evaluation,
- To strengthen and enhance enabling environment for practice and use of evaluation,
- To establish linkages with regional VOPEs, institutions and universities for knowledge sharing and professionalization of evaluation.
- To promote the SDG agenda in Afghanistan through capacity building, awareness raising and strengthened evaluations.