Qualifications: • A minimum of 3 years of non-profit or NGO work experience within international humanitarian assistance programs with demonstrated capabilities in planning, organizing and executing security operations in the field. • Understanding the humanitarian principles, code of conduct and specific sub-sector work linked to NGO field and operations contexts. • Advanced knowledge in communications technology, including, satellite communications, cell phone, etc. • Strong experience as a trainer; ability to develop, implement, facilitate and impart learning to a wide range of audiences. • Ability to gain a precise understanding of the various local, regional, country and international policies, operational positions and interactions, providing clear dynamic briefings and analysis of given and unfolding security and political situations when they occur. • Previous NGO security management an asset. • Written and verbal English essential. • Fluent of the local language (Pashto & Dari) Fluent of the local language
Personal qualities: • Flexible and initiative. • Accountable. • Goal oriented and visionary.
• Provide technical support to the area office on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity in Afghanistan
• Evaluate, review and update the Afghanistan Security Management Plan on a regular basis.
• Ensure compliance to NRC Security Management Framework within the SMP and all annexes.
Work with Security Advisor to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans;
• Evaluate, review and update the hibernation and evacuation plans for all NRC offices and residences in Afghanistan and ensure that the practical preparations are in place and known to all staff involved;
• Conduct risk assessments of offices and residences. Follow up on actions to be taken to ensure compliance with safety and security standards.
• Undertake continual assessments of equipment, and the protocols by which that equipment is used, to ensure that minimal conditions for security are being met.
• Building Acceptance to empower and expand humanitarian programming.
• Develop ongoing relationships with local authorities as needed and other power brokers within.
• Work to ensure that NRC, its mission and work in the region is known and accepted.
• Work to encourage stakeholders to work with the NRC in ensuring that staff and programs are safe and allowed to continue humanitarian activities in Afghanistan.
• Provide security input and advice in assessments to consider new NRC programs in new geographic areas.
• In coordination with security Advisor liaise with relevant security actors e.g. NGO security focal point other NGO security coordinators, Region UNDSS contacts, local community stakeholders, Governors.
طریقه ارسال درخواستی
For applying and more information please refer to the link below: