In order to address the lack of sustainable job opportunities and revenue granting initiatives as well as to tackle the solid waste management problems, PIN is launching a four-year project titled “Recycling Plant Value Chain in Northern Afghanistan for Sustainable Jobs Creation Program”. The project is implemented in Mazar-e Sharif and Northern provinces of Afghanistan (Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan, Sar-e-Pul, Baghlan, Faryab) and is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
The aim of the project is establishing a commercially viable plastic recycling value chain, creating sustainable job opportunities for at least 1860 individuals. The project expects the following outcomes:
- Providing employment at 30 established/ newly created solid waste Collection Hubs
- Identification of vulnerable youth, IDPs, women and other marginalized groups which can be a part of the project within the value chain.
- Establishing a Recycling Plant, producing recycled plastic pellets, providing jobs at the Recycling Plant
- Establishing 60 Business Hubs which will purchase the plastic pellets for further processing into final products, tailor-made to individual needs, thus creating more jobs
The Grant Coordinator is responsible for strategizing and implementation of the overall marketing plan for the USAID project
The Grant Coordinator line manager is the COP
The Grant Coordinator will supervise 7 Business officers and Marketing coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and coordinates grant allocation schemes for Business and Collection Hubs,
- Cooperates on preparation of grants allocation guidelines.
- Prepare environmental safeguarding training materials for the Business Officers.
- Ensure the grant’s approval committee follows USAID SOPs and other technical guidance on grants.
- Ensures compliance with the grant allocation guidelines and other relevant policies throughout the whole project.
- Reviews effectiveness of implementation of business plans of the Hubs, identifies and addresses potential issues
- Upon receipt of a grant, the Grants Coordinator sees that the requirements of the funding organization are met.
- Timely preparing the documentations for the procurement office on grant allocations
- Engage with other program and technical staff in developing and implementing annual project work
- Draft report on grants section to highlight their impact on targeted communities on monthly basis
Education & Professional experience:
- University degree on Finance or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of similar work with national/international NGOs;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of small team management
- Proven experience in business development
- Understanding of business planning/modeling process
- IT literacy, advanced knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Organized and attention to details
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in verbal and written English, Dari, Pashtu;
- Demonstrated knowledge on gender and diversity
Interested eligible candidates are encouraged to apply. Only those candidates will be called for interview who meet the qualification and requirements for the mentioned position.
Please follow the below link and fill out the form completely:
Closing date will be 14-Dec-2019